Friday, September 27, 2013

The Very Long Weekend Part Two


We were out at a special event last night, with plans for dinner afterwards, and arrived at 7:00 p.m. After a bit we were able to get a couple of glasses of wine and settled into talking to other guests when we saw our old friends, the poisoners.

These were the couple who, as I said in the last post, “Friends insisted we join them for dinner on Wednesday evening before we left.  Although we were busy we agreed, as it was going to be fun. There would be six of us for a barbeque. One person was unable to attend, so five of us had dinner and the hostess failed to mention her illness of a few days before, as she was over the sickness and was capable of doing dinner. Had we known we may have made another decision.”

We were greeted warmly and joked around a bit when the hor d’Ĺ“uvres  were passed around and I was told to try these great things. I did, and he explained that they had made all of them.
I froze!
 
I was “forced” to try another and stopped after that one.
 
Was I walking into the shadow of death once again?

Would I end up in the morning once again throwing up in the sink?

My wife had the look of horror on her face as she looked in my direction.

Luckily the speeches started and the eating stopped for a while, and for us, it stopped forever. We left a bit after an hour of speeches and we escaped to dinner.

I was fine this morning, and hopefully the entire incident is behind us……

 

No comments:

Post a Comment