Saturday, August 31, 2013

Moving On....


Yesterday we were in a sweaty operation, moving our second daughter to Toronto, into a three bedroom condo she is renting with friends.

Our U-Haul truck was full as was my car, and we had rented the freight elevator for two hours to get all the stuff moved in. I had moved a full shopping cart into the elevator at ground level; and was waiting for my wife and daughter who were carrying a desk from the truck down the street.
I heard a loud conversation going on and it was my wife and someone else. I had no idea who it was but they were both clearly struggling with the desk but moving forward. It was a man’s voice, and when they came into view I laughed, as my wife was on one end and Mike, a local character it seems, rounded the bend. What Mike lacked in teeth he made up for in enthusiasm.

What he said was priceless, “I wouldn’t have offered to help if I weren’t half in the bag!”  He smiled, waved and moved on into the sunset…..

No comments:

Post a Comment