Monday, May 20, 2013

In 2006 I wrote:


 

 

In 2006 I wrote:

My slightly stressed wife went out yesterday afternoon with my oldest daughter and Max, our dog. After two blocks, she turned, remembering to do something, and fell down. Having once broken her wrist in a bad skating accident, she remembered to save her arms, and fell straight onto her face. Her glasses hit and jammed her nose, cutting the nose in several places, but probably not breaking it.

We stopped the bleeding and went straight to the hospital.

The triage nurse and the doctor both had to investigate to see if I had beaten her. It was a tense time as twice I was made to leave the area so she could be spoken with alone. I sort of expected it, of course, as the world has changed, and there were posted signs all around the emergency room about abuse. It was the way people looked at me that was scary. I was being judged!

I passed all tests, and instead of arresting me they repaired her nose and sent her home. Stitches and probably some black eyes are the result, and my neighbor, our optometrist, has ordered a new lens for her glasses.

 We went out for mid-east carry out to celebrate her completion of the ordeal.

 Life is sure tough these days.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment