Friday, April 19, 2013

I wrote this on several years ago and it's happened several times since, of course


 
Today I went over to my favorite hot dog/ sausage place, a little stand in front of Canadian Tire here in Dundas. I got an Italian sausage with fried onions, which I piled with sauerkraut, mustard, catsup, pickles and hot peppers. My wife gave me hell recently for eating (this stuff in general) in my car on the Canadian Tire parking lot, and forced me to go to a nearby park and look at nature while eating my sausage.

 

 Hearing her recent words echoing in my head, I put the food down, put the diet coke in the little holder and drove towards the park. At the first stop sign the whole package tipped over, and I had lunch spilled over into the center console junk space.

With much effort I pulled over, dug out my food, wiped the mustard from my pants where it still stains, and put this magnificent sculptural lunch back together again.

It was no longer pretty, but when I reached the park I hungrily ate it, listened to the radio and communed with nature. I had 3 napkins and a wash and dry with me, thankfully, so I was able to clean up myself and the car, dump the trash, wipe the sauerkraut off of my clothing and come back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment