Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Way Too Big!


I have always said, “Never eat anything bigger than your head”. On Sunday, with good intentions, I almost did.

We had gone to Toronto to the Island Airport to pick up my mother in law coming in from Newark. On the return trip we always try and stop in West Bloor Village to do some grocery shopping for fresh fruits and vegetables from several small Asian markets.
After shopping, we usually stop for coffee and some baked goods from a small European bakery to eat in the car on the way home. I always stay in the car and allow my wife to make the selections, as she will anyway, and it’s easiest just to let her choose. It will never be too bad; at least it wasn’t up until yesterday.

She chooses things she will like, and never looks for chocolate which I of course would want but is not in her circle of acceptable for bad items anyway. It always turns out to be a fruit based item and she will determine they are too large, so the two will become one and split for the ride home. I know what to expect so I am not disappointed.
For some unknown reason yesterday she chose a cheese Danish for herself and a raspberry tart or turnover looking item for me. It was turnover in looks but not with puff pastry, but more of a cake or doughnut dough. These are not my favourite, however, I should not complain. It was covered with sugar and was the size of a small sub! It had little raspberry filling, as usual, but was just a big, huge thing, deep fried and gigantic! Thank God for the coffee as it was dry and more sugar ended up on me than in me. It was too much but I refused to suggest that, given my luck on achieving what I had achieved! I will assume she wanted the whole Danish so I got the sub!

It was bigger than my head and way too much fat was involved in the production of this thing. The part that amazed me was they were able to retail such a thing for $1! That was just too much! There was at least a dollar’s worth of sugar involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment