Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The 69 cent solution.......

I got a 6 place, 3 prong wall socket adapter that fits into a two place plug, and I bought it at the dollar store.

I put it into the wall, and went to put the plugs in and lo and behold the two prong plugs don’t fit.

I thought, “Oh my, now I need two prong adapters for the plugs so they will fit into the three prong socket”.

I went to the dollar store but there were none available. I know I used to buy them at Home Depot or someplace for about $.69 a piece a long time ago, so I figured I’d go to the hardware store when I had a chance, and pick a few of them up.

When I arrived at the hardware store, after looking around for a while, I found a “guy”. I asked him, with a big smile on my face, about the availability of these items. I was watching him as he very gradually started to grin. I said, “You know, I used to buy these all the time for about $.69, about 20 years ago or so” and his grin widened.

I smiled and said, as the light bulb above my head went off, “They’re illegal now, right?”

He smiled, and was glad I had seen the truth, and he said, “Yep!”

No comments:

Post a Comment