Tuesday, June 22, 2010

An old scare...I almost stopped dancing

The story I remember was that in the early 80’s, my Uncle was hospitalized.

After he arrived at the hospital, he got out of bed (they never checked his blood pressure which, it turns out was sky high) and fell. He hit his leg on the bed when he hit the floor. The leg bruised badly, worsened (he had diabetes) and eventually was taken off.

I remember seeing him in the hospital, and I saw his leg. It was a bad color.

On May 6, 2001, I slipped in the shower, my left leg was in, the shower floor was wet and my right leg (on a rug at the time) slid across the floor and my leg slammed into the side of the bathtub.


The pain was bad, but I never fell. After a while the pain subsided and I went about my day. Gradually it began to feel better. The leg was hard and warm (this could be a good thing, but not for your leg).


One day I was putting on my socks, and I looked at my foot. It looked black (and blue) just like my uncle’s leg. I freaked!


I came back from the Doctor, and my leg was OK. It was bleeding internally a bit, but the blood was going down toward my foot, turning it a bad color. I did get on the mend. I was truly scared for a while.

I had bad visions about spending the rest of my day in a hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment