Sunday, December 20, 2009

Hunter Gatherer Spirit continues....


On November 8, 2009 I wrote:

At Winner’s yesterday, I found a nice shoe. I have no need for shoes, as they are lying around on shelves in my closet and in the garage etc., and many seldom, if ever, get worn. Unfortunately, that’s a problem I have developed, much to the relief of Value Village, as I am always taking bags of clothing and shoes to charity drops. Winner’s has four pairs of the same leather boots in size 14M, a size I can wear. (R.J.Colt leather Chukka Boots) They are reasonably priced, but I have no need for them. However, there are only so many people who can wear such a ridiculous size, so I will wait. I may miss buying them, of course, as its Christmas and Bigfoot’s Mom may be shopping, but if I don’t, I may wait until they get to clearance and wait a while as they go down in price. Within a month I’ll know if I will buy them or not.

Today is Sunday, December 20, and I decided to go to Winners at about 3:00 p.m. to see if the shoes made it. I had checked a few weeks ago and three pairs were there in the regular isle at the discounted rate of $69.99. I had decided that I would need somewhere around 50% of that to make it a worthwhile buy. Today I approached the regular isle and they were gone! My breath quickened, do you suppose they made it to clearance?

I looked and amazingly, one pair survived! Bigfoot’s relatives had been in and bought the others, but one pair remained! They were priced at $36.99, a reasonable price for these shoes.

They are currently sitting on a shelf in my garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment